Dance, dance, dance....




My little dancers...

had a very busy week at dance competitions. Kiki's jazz group brought home a silver medal and Mo's tap group captured the gold! Both Mo's lyrical and jazz groups showed a vast improvement and even managed to land in the medal spots (for lyrical) this time around. Both the jazz and lyrical groups have a lot of new dancers and so they are still working out the kinks. Maybe next year they'll be contenders for those number one spots!





I'm so proud of my girls...they just glow on the stage. Kiki's smile covers her whole face and when she dances she has so much energy that it's infectious. Mo's talent in tap continues to blow me away! I love to watch her dance and my mind often wanders back to 6 years ago...she was so shy and so afraid to leave me for dance class that I would literally have to put my foot on her bottom and push her through the door. I'd shut it quickly and pray that she wouldn't remain on the floor crying the entire time. Very often she would just sit while the other girls danced and sang. I thought that she would never overcome her severe shyness, and so now when I see her up on stage dancing, piroetting and jetteing across the floor with a huge smile on her face I'm so proud because only she and I know how very far she has come!




Zee continues to amaze me with his love for learning. He's reading on his own and asking daily for his school lesson. The other day he took it upon himself to complete his Pre-K workbook and afterward told me that he's ready for university now! He's also becoming quite the cassonova...he's telling my friends that he loves them, that he'll be dreaming of them and he's always singing songs to all the pretty girls. He even blew a kiss to a gorgeous 17 year old blond chickie from dance the other day. I'm not quite sure where he's learning this stuff...I have to believe it's innate because he does not see it on TV and certainly never hears his father say stuff like that out loud! My little heartbreaker....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!