A summary...

Hello...

Remember me?

I'm the person who used to think about this blog every second of every day. I thought about it before bed, in the shower, as I was shaving my legs, putting on my underwear, putting on my clothes, while working out, while sleeping, while baking...you name it and this blog was on my mind.

Not so much lately.

Sorry about that.

Life's been silly busy lately. Maybe I should do a quick recap:

1. In November the one day freak snowfall almost foiled my big plans to go Black Friday shopping with 'The Shopping Bags' but the lure of 4 days of shopping, dinners out, and a weekend with my girls was more than enough motivation to risk life and limb, so into the van we all climbed and after hitting a couple of patches of black ice and a few moments of driving cautiously, we arrived at the Mecca--the mall--and began our pilgrimage. It was divine!

2. My first year in real estate has been amazing--I couldn't have even imagined that it would have turned out like this. Thank you to all my friends to either used me to sell and buy a home, or recommended me to their family or friends. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

3. Darn kids of mine are too smart! They brought home way too many A's! What the heck is wrong with them?! That's not how you start out. I mean where are you gonna go from here? Sheesh, gotta teach them how to pace themselves. What the heck?!

4. There's been a whole bunch of PAC events-- Craft Fair, Movie Night, Breakfast with Santa--that have also kept me very busy. Thank goodness we all love each other or else putting on all these events might not be quite as much fun!!

5. My dear Hubby has joined Real Estate and we are working together as a team! What a big change!! The kids and I have gone from hardly ever seeing Hubby and never having dinner with him, to having him home all the time, sharing dinners together and for the first time in our lives, we are a family!! What a blessing!! It's the first time in my life that I've ever sat across the desk from someone that I'm permitted to steal a kiss with! Mwuaaaah!!

6. My poor mom is still waiting for her hip surgery. It's been 3 years of pain and almost 13 months of waiting for her surgery! We held a family fast and prayer for her last weekend. We are hoping that the New Year brings good news for her and my dad and that she will get her surgery.

7. Zee is playing the piano and doing fabulously at it! He's been asking for 2 years to play but we've held him off because we thought he was too young and that getting him to practise would be a huge battle. When we told him that he could take lessons this year he was so excited and he has practised every day, all day, and without question and has managed to fly through the first book at double the expected pace and has even learned all the songs in his Christmas piano book! Way to go, my little Mozart!

8. Mo and Kiki are really enjoying their activities--Mo has taken up diving and is still dancing 4 hours a week. She's already doing a back dive off the 3 meter board! Man, you couldn't get me to turn around on the 3m board let alone fall backwards off it. No way!! Kiki is dancing full time and has added hip hop to her repetoire this year. She's such a little performer that we often ask her if she wants us to find acting lessons for her--she's all attitude, that one!

9. I got a treadmill! So excited!!! I really like it...to hang my clothes on, use as a plant stand, and use as a conveyor belt to deliver my chocolate bars from one end of the couch to the other (so that I don't have to get up from my reclining position while watching TV). No, seriously, I do actually use it for what it was intended for--walking and running. Okay, really, I'm just walking on it at this point but one day I'll be running on it. Yay!

10. Christmas is coming! I am so excited to spend time with my family and relax by the fire, drink hot chocolate, sing songs, play games, laugh, tickle, burp, and enjoy the company of loved ones. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and remind you to remember the reason for the season.

Lotsa love,and the very Merriest of Christmases to you,
Lisa

Comments

Lori said…
Hey there my best friend that I never hear from...I loved reading your blog! Glad that life is good for you and your family(your mom's in our prayers) Love you!
Lori

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!