24 Hour Relay Report--Facebook Style

Status:

Walked almost 30 km this weekend.

Walked from 11pm until 3 am--did 20 km--stumbled, weaved, bobbed, and limped through that last 2 kms and now have empirical knowledge of what it feels like to be asleep on your feet.  

Feet hurt.

Legs hurt.

Hips hurt.

75 year old man passed us during our 4th hour. He was on his 16th hour and managed to run 165 km in a 24 hour period. Inspiring!

Humbled by elderly, fit man, called the Lone Wolf. What courage.

Reached my fund raising goal.  Thank you to all who donated.  Your contributions helped to raise over $1,000,000.00 and send 852 kids to summer camp this year.  Thank you. 

Visited Starbucks 3 times in effort to warm up. Weather was not on our side. Cold and rainy! Ick! 

Slept in a tent trailer for the first time in my life! It was so cool. It was also especially wonderful to be out of the rain and not sleeping on the ground.

Met a bunch of crazy people.  Got to hang out wif  my best fwiend for the entire weekend!

Had a great time.

Made a fool of myself...(as usual)

Am hooked--signing up again for next year!

Bringing my kids...

Comments

Karen said…
you have the BEST dance moves, for the "older" generation!!
Barett said…
Lisa,

Congrats on your accomplishment. I hope you don't mind but I highlighted what you are doing on my blog. I have an interest in promoting philanthropy and I ran across this fun post from you and shared it with my readers. Thanks again for being a great example!

Barett Christensen
LDS Philanthropies
C. Diva said…
Girl has some moves!

Popular posts from this blog

Three Loaves, No Fishes...and No Miracle.

Scents and Scents-ability

Life is a Musical...