Endorphin Rush!! *excessive use of exclamation points!!*

I'm doing it! I'm really doing it!!

I'm training for a mini triathlon!! I just biked 18.6 km and then got off the bike and ran 5km on my treadmill and I feel flippin' fantastic!! I'm sure the endorphins are ripping through my body right now creating this buzz but I don't really care what's causing it, I just want it to keep on going.

Next weekend is the 24 Hour Relay for Kids and I'm so excited to be a part of this event. We are raising money for kids with disabilities to go to camp. These children have physical limitations and so have special needs with regards to their equipment, wheelchairs, medications etc. Thanks to Karen for asking me to be a part of this...I am so excited. We are sleeping in a tent trailer over the weekend and it's my first time in over 30 years that I've done that so it's going to be quite the experience! Eeek...

The following weekend is the mini triathlon (called a 'sprint' triathlon) and it will be my first in over 20 years! One of my 'bucket list' items is to do a full triathlon and I hope this mini one will provide the impetus I need to follow through on my true goal. So excited!

What's brought on this change in me? Well first of all I've lost 20 lbs and am feeling pretty fantastic, but also I've adopted a new motto and that is to 'love life.' I am trying to become a 'yes' woman, a person who tries new things, and experiences a passion about the world that God has created for us. It's a pretty amazing way to take on life!!

Okay, I think I've put enough exclamation points in this post today to last at least a week so I'll sign off now and see how long this amazing buzz stays....

Oh man...tomorrow morning's going to hurt so bad when I have to get out of bed...no buzz, sore muscles, and a rainy morning. Ugh!!

Comments

candise said…
Love that runner's high! That is so awesome you are doing a triathalon yay for crazy people! Melissa and I are crazy too and doing our first sprint triathalon in Septemeber so you will have to give us all your tips.
Lisa said…
Really? Inbox me and let me know which one you are doing. Maybe I can join you?

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Scents and Scents-ability

Life is a Musical...