Happy Birthday, Kiki!

How is it possible that you are 12 years old already?

Wasn't it just yesterday that I ran across the street to my neighbors house clutching a positive pregnancy test  to show her for confirmation?
Wasn't it just yesterday that you took me from 5cm to 10cm in 10 minutes?
Wasn't it just yesterday that you lay on the baby bassinet all calm, slightly purple, sucking your fingers and having a worried doctor examine your heart and lung sounds?
Wasn't it just yesterday that the operating staff wheeled you down the hallway in your little onsie, knitted green hat and a soother in your mouth to fix your heart?
Wasn't it just yesterday that the surgeons kept sending out a messenger to tell us that they had run into complications and that you were going to die?

No, it wasn't.

In fact, it was 12 years ago!!

How happy I am to see your smile everyday. It reminds me of the miracle that you are.
How I love your strong and independent nature.  It reminds me that you are here because you are a fighter.
How I love your little giggle. It reminds me thank God for you.
How I love your sense of humor. It reminds me to laugh more.
How I love it when I hug you and my whole body fills with goodness and warmth. It reminds me that you are my gift.
How I love YOU!!

Happy birthday, my sweet girl! You are a huge blessing to my life!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!