The MONSTER in our Family Room

There is an enemy in our home. A time sucking, brain numbing, facial disfiguring (mouth hangs open and eyes are glazed) MONSTER...
....and we pay to feed it food like Wizards of Waverly Place, Toddlers and Tiaras, The Iron Chef, Good Luck Charlie, and a bunch of other crap.  (Yes, I said it...CRAP!)

Kiki comes home from school and bows to the TV god and worships until she gets shamed by me or else has to rush off to dance. Zee copies everything his sisters do so ditto for his behavior after school. Mo, I have to confess, has so very little time in her day that she RARELY even glances at the TV let alone worships it...however, I bet if she had more time then she, too, would find herself succumbing to my personal enemy.  And the Hubby? Well, he's needs it to 'decompress' apparently.

 I'm not entirely opposed to the TV, just to clarify my stance on things, but I feel that it is for the occasional entertainment...it is not the mainstay of our existence.  I liken the TV to a rich desert that you only eat once in awhile--it is not the meat and potatoes of the meal.  It should be used sparingly.  But, what can I do? After whining, threatening to disconnect the cable, lecturing about the decaying brain disorder brought on by TV, offering a plethora of suggestions for alternate activities...and then downright crying, pleading and begging...the family decided to turn off the TV!! How amazing is that?! What a coup! What a success story! What an amazing mother I am, right?

Don't get too excited for me quite yet --what do you think they turned their attention to?

If you guessed:
iPod
YouTube
Netflix
Facebook
Twitter Video games...

...you would be right.

Sigh. Fail. Me.

Comments

Karen said…
I'm glad you're back :)

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!