A brief butterfly hiatus....


In lieu of butterfly updates, I am posting some pictures of some impromptu fabric painting and crafting that we did last week. Kiki has wanted to make a bolster pillow to store her pajamas in for about a month but we just haven't been able to get it completed, so last week I sat down and serged the ends of an old pair of jeans that she had cut off and then suggested that she put some fabric paint on it to 'spruce it up.' That lead to all kinds of wonderful things as Zee got out an old shirt and painted a face on his and Mo took a jean jacket that she'd been making for her Webkinz (Sammy) and decided to decorate it with some flames. I loved that this whole thing was unplanned and that everyone was able to participate. Also included is a picture of Mo's latest fashion creation for Kiki's Webkinz. It's an adorable little sundress.!

Comments

nimi said…
Congratulations on your butterflies! How exciting!
Now I must say, you are quite an inspiration both as a mother and an educator. Look at the amazing things happening in your home. I can certainly appreciate the love, passion and time that must go into doing all that you do.
Now that we are back in touch, don't be surprised if you find me asking you for some parenting/teaching tips ;)
Lisa said…
Aww Nimi, thank you so much for saying such wonderful (but undeserved) things. The kids really do most of the leading around here...I just follow and clean up after them! hee...hee...

Seriously though, thank you for saying such nice things...it makes my heart sing.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!