Oh man.....what did I get myself into?




Well, I'm a little bit excited and a whole lot of scared! I attended a PAC meeting for the first time today and ended up volunteering for the Social Co-ordinator position!

What the heck was I thinking?
You have to understand...I have never been to a PAC meeting in my life and I've only attended one PAC event (and that wasn't even for my own school) and we used to homeschool, so I have absolutely no experience to draw upon for this job!
I repeat. What the heck was I thinking?

Well, the truth is I've been waiting for someone to step up and it's now the middle of November and no one has so I figured the least I could do is better than the best that no one would do. So...I will try to aim for a couple of social activities and it will be a couple more than the school would have had otherwise. Understand my logic? If so ,that's kind of scary!!

So, the first thing on the bill will be a Christmas movie night. I think we're going to watch Elf! I love, love, LOVE that movie and so does my family so I'm banking on others liking it too. I'd also like to have a New Year's party! I envision a safe, child friendly place for families to gather to dance, eat, watch fireworks and ring in 2009! These are just ideas in my head right now...I still have to figure out if it's feasible and talk to the principal about it. Actually...I'm getting ahead of myself...I guess the FIRST thing I need to do is gather together a committee!

Anybody wanna volunteer?

I'm comin' to YOUR DOOR!!

Comments

Carmen said…
Oh (snicker, hee, ha ha) good for you for stepping up!! (laugh laugh laugh) I was on the PAC executive for 2 years, and last year I chaired the huge Christmas fundraiser. Ya. Good luck!! NOT that I am saying anything... You have a good amount of energy, right? Oh and about 12 more hours each day... You'll do great!!
Amanda said…
I attend all the Pac meetings here, though with having little ones it limits what I can do, butr I love it. It also helps that 7 out of 12 of us are members of the same ward! Good luck..maybe we can swap ideas! You will be fantastic!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!