It just takes one word...

...to ruin things for me.

I was feeling so good about my new look; the hair, the clothes, the nails...

...until ONE person said they liked my hair longer better.

Poof!!

Just like that, my self confidence went down the crapper.

Now I'm second guessing my hair.

Suddenly it seems too short.

Suddenly it all seems wrong!

I loved this hair...

...until that one comment.

This person didn't mean any harm; and certainly didn't know what a crappy sense of self-confidence I have so I can't blame her.

I can only blame myself for allowing ONE comment to affect me; to question myself; to re-assess my 'newness.'

It's pretty pathetic! My parents raised a strong woman...why am I allowing this to affect me?

Ugh...it's so dumb!

Remember...words can be weapons....even if you don't intend them to be. Maybe we shouldn't offer our opinion if it's not asked of us. Maybe we shouldn't say anything if we don't have anything nice to say.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." --it's a rule that's golden.

Maybe we should try to use it more often.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your hair like this! It's so stylish now, and suits you very well. Don't let 'em get to you, Lisa.
Carmen said…
I totally LOVE your hair the way it is! I think is really suits you and gives you a very chic look. You have brought up a question I have asked very frequently - especially in my life in the church. I don't understand why people believe they can say whatever they want - whether they intend the comment to be harmful or not. It is uncalled for. If you are not asked, don't say anything! And comments should ALWAYS be positive/uplifting! I like your shoes... I like your shirt... That is a beautiful necklace... etc. etc. Not, I like ____ better... WHY?? I am with you sister. Why???....
Amanda said…
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair. It suits you, you are one hot momma!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!