I am grateful for...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so I was going to write a post about all the things that I am grateful for such as my husband,kids, parents, brothers, sisters in law, friends, and religion but it was getting too intense and I was unable to find an opportunity to inject my sarcasm and I am feeling an very strong need to be cheeky tonight, so here's my list:

I am thankful for:(in no particular order)

1. turkey, mashed potatoes, salad,yams, stuffing, pecan pie, ice cream.....
2. shoes with high heels that go clickety click on tiled surfaces
3. pretty jewelery with lots of shiny facets
4. smiles and hugs--they always brighten a day
5. beautiful songs such as 'You're amazing just the way you are.' by Bruno Mars because it helps to remind me that we, as women, are far too critical of ourselves and that our men only see our beauty and not all the flaws that we can't seem to overlook.
6. bedtime--nothing in the whole world feels better than crawling between those sheets at the end of the day and melting into my soft mattress.
7. technology--email, texting, Blackberry, laptops, blogs, facebook--I love it all!!
8. kisses--they convey so much--from the simple, 'Hey, I notice you' to the deeply intense, 'I love you with every inch of my being.'
9. the passing of time and the maturity that comes with growing older.
10. shoes. Need I say more?
11. shopping. Again...need I say more?
12. friends. Need I say more?
13. books. I can always use more.
14. childrens' laughter. There's never enough.
15. stupid jokes. Love to laugh until my belly hurts.
16. treadmills. Just got one today. Am looking forward to hanging my clothes on it in a couple of weeks when the novelty of working out everyday begins to wear off.
17. cupcakes.
18. the fact that I can eat more cupcakes now that I have a treadmill.
19. chocolate chip cookies. (again...I have a treadmill now...)
20. people like you that read this blog and put up with me and my crazee chick-ed-ness.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends, and to you, my friends south of the border, I will see you during Black Friday! Don't be afraid to wave and take me out to Starbucks when you see me! I'll be the one with the Auntie Anne's pretzels and the can of 'soda pop' in my hand...

oh...and probably a couple of shopping bags too!

Comments

Paul D said…
Always good for an insightful chuckle.
Thankful for you, my friend!!
Lisa said…
..and I for you!

PS. You made me cry with that comment....

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!