A Date!

My little mommy got a date for her hip replacement surgery!

I don't know whether to cheer or cry! When Hubby called to tell me my first bodily reaction was to vomit, then I started to shake, and then I did what I always do when I'm upset...I called my mommy.

She's pretty cool with it. So tired of the pain and the three years of waiting that she's ready for this next step. The fact that her cane disappeared into thin air and they can't find it anywhere in the house, is like a sign to my mom and dad that this surgery is a good thing. Imagine that...the cane is gone! Pretty soon it will not only be missing in action but will hopefully be thrown in the garbage as my mom resumes her previous, active, life with her new, bionic hip!

It's times like these where you wish that it really was possible to take on someone's pain and suffering. I am reminded at this time of how the Savior took our pain and suffering on when He was crucified and the only thing I can think is, 'Lucky Him!' I would rather suffer the pain of the surgery and recovery then watch my mommy do it. If I could take away her pain, I would.

Of course, even if it were a possibility, she would never let me do it because she, being the mommy, would also rather suffer than watch her loved one in pain.

Bummer!

I love you, Mommy! Wishing you a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Get better quick--I've got loads of laundry waiting for you...as well as three children who miss their Grandma and Grandpa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability