Well Hello There, Handsome...

I've been waiting for you.  

2016, I'm ready!

2015 was a good year, but it wasn't my best.  In retrospect I realized that I learned more about myself in the 365 days of 2015 than I had in my whole 48 years of life.  Sometimes the learning was hard.  Okay, let's be honest, most of the learning was hard. 

Learning is never easy.

Think back to learning how to tie your shoes.  It was hard until you finally got it and then it was a cinch!

How about the first time you drove a car? It wasn't as easy as it looked, was it?  For the first time you came to appreciate why mom would shush your endless chatter as she drove through the city.

Think about learning math, chemistry...any form of academia...yikes, sometimes you could actually feel your brain stretching as it acquired the new knowledge. 

Sometimes learning isn't so obvious though. Sometimes through the dredges of the day you find yourself pensive, melancholy, or introspective.  Those are learning times.  It's unfortunately much too easy to dig down into those thoughts and plant yourself in one of the tidy little ruts and just rot there.  Don't do it!  Take a moment to realize that these are growth opportunities. 

It took me a long time to realize that those episodes had the potential for growth.

Too long.

But I did it! 

And I know myself so much better now.

So, 2016, I am excited to embrace you and apply what I've learned to make this my best year ever.  I'm going to fill it with physical activities, goals, career milestones, celebrations with family and friends...and I'm going to be 365% more of a person at the end of 2016 than I was at the beginning of it because I'm going to improve every day!

Thank you for the lessons, 2015, and thank you, 2016, for the chance to shine!

Embrace life, love and laughter,
Lisa



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability