Butterflies are flying jewels....















We made these beautify butterflies out of flower wire, beads and jewels this morning for our art activity. Ain't they purty?

I can't wait until we get our larvae and kit from Boreal! It's going to be busy feeding 30 little caterpillars everyday but the experience of watching the metamorphosis from caterpillar to butterfly will be worth the effort. We need to ensure that our butterfly garden is planted by the time the Painted Ladies need to be released so that they will have a beautiful home to stay in.

The sunshine finally broke through the clouds and is giving us a gloriously beautiful day! The kids are outside having a waterfight, ( I'm sure it is the first of many to come!) and I'm going to grab some chocolate and a book and go soak up some rays! Oh yeah!


Comments

nimi said…
The butterflies are lovely! You will love doing the butterfly unit with the children.

I can still remember how heartbroken I was when all of the butterfly larvae we tried to hatch 'died' the year I was teaching Morgan. I literally bawled. Not in front of the kids though! It turned out that the company had a lot of bad batches that year, which was very unusual for them.
Happy belated birthday too, SUPERMOM!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability