I have a job!

I have a job. Actually, I have several. I am a homemaker, teacher, mother and wife. I had this epiphany yesterday that although I am not outside of the home pursuing a paid career, that does not mean I am without a JOB. I don't think I've taken my jobs quite as seriously as I should. I vow to me more diligent with making good, homemade meals, with getting the laundry done and with spending more quality time with my family. Up until now, I think I've seen these chores as interruptions to my day...they get in the way of the other things I want to do, but I've come to realize that these are the things I need to do because they are my JOB! Does any of this make sense? Am I completely slow on the uptake? Has it really taken 16 years of marriage, 11 years of motherhood and 2 years as a homeschooler to figure this out? Yes it has...shame on me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha ha, that's so funny, because it was only about this time last year that I had this particular epiphany of which you speak - after 12 years of marriage, 10 years of motherhood, and 5 years of homeschooling. Maybe *I'm* just a bit slow on the uptake? LOL... It's only been this last year that I've really taken all my "jobs" seriously, before that, like you, I viewed certain aspects of them as annoyances, the things that occupied my time and stood between me and the things I really wanted to do - such as read, play on the computer, hang out with my friends...
Carmen said…
My JOB at home is way more difficult than my job at the law firm! I will tell you that right now! Going to "work" is easy - it is escapist. But I would not trade a minute of my job as a wife/mom/caregiver/chauffeur/cook/nurse/teacher/playmate for these past 8 1/2 years. I am blessed to be able to do both, but I value my non-paying job more than my paying one!! And my non-paying job has long term dividends!! I am raising two super geniuses that will take care of me one day!! And we all know that I am accustomed to certain things - like Gucci handbags and shoes... hee hee

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability