What we can become...




Today when I went to pick Zee up from skool I saw the newspaper he had been working on had been posted outside his classroom door. Eager to see his work I paused for a moment to read it when suddenly he slammed his hands over a certain section of the project. Nonplussed, I continued reading the other sections of his newspaper and had no intention of looking at what he covered up because it obviously revealed something he wanted to keep from me. I'm not a nosy kind of mom--at least not one that I will admit to being--so I had full intentions of walking away without looking at his secrets but as I moved from it my eyes betrayed me.

They cast a quick glance in the direction where his hands once protected the entry.

And I saw this:

Meet My Hero

My Mom

Well, as if it was possible for me to continue to walk away. I turned on my heel and headed back towards the wall with complete disregard for what I once considered my son's protected privacy. That entry was about ME!!! And it was about a HERO!! (Heroine just to be accurate but whatever...)

Zee didn't try to cover it up. He didn't protest. He didn't try to pull me away. Instead he was proud for me to see it. He beamed as I read it and pulled him closer for a big hug.

Me? His hero? A motivator? An inspiration?

Has this kid actually even MET me?

Apparently he seems more in me than I see in myself. His confidence in my abilities makes him MY motivator and MY inspiration to be all that he thinks I am.

Thanks Zee for loving me just the way I am but for seeing me as I can be.

Love you son,
Mom

.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Julie M said…
So sweet, Lisa! What a great kid.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!