Why even bother trying...

...to get to sleep?

It's 3:00am and I am wide awake.

Why?

Because I am stupid...

...and wired on caffeine.


Allow me to explain. I don't drink Coke or Pepsi --ever--but lately I've had the urge to have some. Call me a rebel. So tonight when I took the fam out to McDonalds I decided that I would submit to the cravings and I ordered a coke.

Super size.



Go Big or Go Home--that's my motto.

So now, after finishing one novel and getting half way through another, worrying about my mom, and composing a late night/early morning email to my parents, I find myself sneaking quietly out of bed so as not to disturb the slumber of my fam who, wisely enough, chose to have Fruitopia, and stealing away into the night/early morning to the arms of my laptop (if it's my LAPtop then maybe I'm not exactly in it's arms though, eh?) But I digress. (as usual).

As I mentioned, I finished a novel which I enjoyed so much that it launched into my top 10. It's called Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve. I don't want to give any of the plot away because in my opinion, 'teasers' always ruin the book, but this little synopsis gives a little 'feel' of the novel:

Anita Shreve's seventh novel is a polished, supremely entertaining variation on Wuthering Heights, with Olympia and Haskell sitting in for Catherine and Heathcliff.

I started thinking about my TOP TEN and thought I would share them with you. Here they are in no particular order.

1. To Kill a Mockingbird--Harper Lee

2. Arena--Karen Hancock

3. The Children of the Promise Series--Dean Hughes

4. Fortune's Rocks--Anita Shreve

5. Faith Precedes the Miracle--Spencer W. Kimball

6. Pride and Prejudice--Jane Austen

7. Kane and Abel--Jeffrey Archer

8. Rebecca--Daphne Du Maurier

9. The First Americans Series--William Sarabande

10. (empty)


Honorable Mention:


The Twilight Series
The Harry Potter Series
The Chronicles of Narnia

It's 3:47am...

Still awake.

Still wired.


Speaking of top 10 lists, here's one about why you shouldn't drink Coke.

10. If you rub a car bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola, you can remove rust spots.

9. If you need to clean corrosion from car battery terminals, pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals.

8. If you empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle, the Coca-Cola will help remove grease stains.

7. Coca-Cola will clean road haze from your windshield.

6. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

5. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must post a "Hazardous Material" place card reserved for highly corrosive materials.

4. You can clean a toilet by pouring a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl, letting it sit for one hour, and flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

3. If you put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke, it will be gone in two days.

2. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.

1. In many states in the US, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.


And now, for my own top ten list of the reasons you shouldn't drink coke:

10. You can't sleep.
9. You discover that you CAN actually get tired of reading.
8. You can't sleep.
7. It makes your eyeballs flit around in your head like they've been taking hip hop lessons.
6. You learn that your mate grinds his teeth, scratches, and flops around A LOT when he sleeps.
5. You can't sleep.
4. You discover that your 5 year old snores like an old man with sinus issues.
3. You can't sleep.
2. You actually CAN navigate through a dark house without bumping into anything.
1. YOU CAN'T SLEEP!!

Good night!

...or should I say Good Morning?

Comments

candise said…
You are a nutball and I love it. When I was a rebellious teenager I would drink 'Jolt' cola, the amount of caffeine in that was ridiculous!! another thing you can add to your list is that it makes your teeth feel fuzzy and no amount of brushing will make it go away!

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!