How does God stand it?

Last night I looked over at my little boy kneeling on the floor in his Spongebob undies, his Winnie the Pooh blankie draped over his knees, and his eyes squished tightly in fervent prayer and I thought,

"How does God stand it?"


How can He let these precious little souls out of his sight even for a second? How does He not weep from missing them so badly? How can He not answer every single little prayer that is uttered from those perfect little lips?

I couldn't do it. If Zee had prayed for a monkey riding a unicycle last night I would have run to the nearest circus and grabbed one for him. He didn't ask God for anything for himself though, he asked that the Lord could 'pwease make everyone in da whole world safe.' Awww....

It was all I could do not to just scoop him up in my arms right there in the middle of his prayer and cover him with kisses. And as I tucked him in his bed and kissed his gorgeous little mug the thought crossed my mind...

"How does God stand it?"


I am so grateful for my family--for my kiddies and my hubby--I love them more than I can ever express. I'm so thankful that God can stand to have these precious souls away from Him long enough so that I can have the chance to have them in my life, to raise them, to hug and kiss them, to hear them pray and to see them blossom right before my eyes.

Thank you Lord for lending me these precious children. I promise I'll do my best by them....

...and I'll remind them to talk to you often because I know how much you must miss them.

Comments

I haven't honestly had time to read your blog in a week or so, but tonight I got all caught up. First of all - right back atcha!! This is going to be an amazing year, and I treasure your friendship every day!!!! Second of all, reading your blog brings a smile to my face, lifts my spirit and just made my day!! Love ya!!
Julie K. said…
What a beautiful entry! Isn't is so precious to hear the prayers of little children? I have been so touched so many times by the prayers of my 'Miss A.' - she is so in tune with things, and what is going on around her, and things that she hears being talked about - dinner is often cold when she is finished, but you don't want to stop them. And some of the questions that children have sometimes....some of them are hard to answer, and usually happen right before bed time (not the best time, sometimes trying to delay bed time, but you want to try and answer their questions). Children are such a gift, and every day we have them is such a blessing.....and I pray that I will have many more days with my family. One never knows. No one is exempt. Only God knows. I really desire to see them grow each day, and see what they become, and see what kind of person they will be as they get older...and maybe see them get married, and have children of their own....And then I always hope and pray that we are teaching them what needs to be taught, and being the example that we need to be, teaching right from wrong, to be kind, to think of others, to put God first....J-esus, O-thers, Y-ou.....JOY, have you seen this before? Ok, sorry....this is a long comment.....but I know that you love to receive comments, and I loved this entry!
Unknown said…
Beautifully written as usual Lisa. I think of the same thing every night when I listen to Mariah's prayers. Keep writting! I love reading them!
Cynthia said…
What a beautiful post! It's those small moments when can really SEE what gifts we've been given. Zee sounds adorable!

Oh- I cam over from the MMB (in case you're wondering if I'M a Crazee Chick!)
Anonymous said…
That was completely beautiful!!! Brought a tear... or two.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability