Raindrops and Running Shoes...

Week 6.5 of running!
Helllooooo, 1/2 way mark!!!

Since school is back in session we've had to alter our schedule a bit and so now Hubby and I run in the morning. Although I am, by nature, not a morning person I was pretty excited to wake up to the birds' morning song and the sun's beautiful rays.

That's not what I got...

RAIN!!

TORRENTIAL RAIN!!

UGLY, UGLY RAIN!!

No fair.....

Hubby and I, we're no quitters (which is why I haven't given up my chocolate addiction) so we laced up our beautiful white, brand new, runners, donned our waterproof (not so much) 'shells' and leaned our bodies into the wind and rain and ran, ran, RAN our little hearts out.

We came home absolutely soaked from head to toe...and our beautiful, shiny, engineering feats (feets?) of wonder upon our pedis were wet, dirty and squishy. So sad....

Good quality runners are so important. If you are going to be taking up the sport, be prepared to spend about $150.00 (Cdn) on a really good pair. Any store that carries a full line of running shoes, whether it be a specialty store or a big-box sport store, should do a foot assessment and tell you whether you are neutral, a supinator or a pronator. It's very important to determine this as it will save you injuries down the line. Take the time to listen to the technology behind every brand...Ascis, Nike, Brooks, New Balance, Mizuno...all have different cushioning systems. They range from gel, air, grid, plates...it's more scientific then predicting the movement of plate tectonics, which, as a sidebar, is exactly what running is...little earthquakes in your knees, feet, calves, butt....

Which is why you need a good shoe.

Look what happens when you avoid investing in that very important piece of equipment:




This is my toe and is the result of wearing cheap, ill-fitting running shoes. I now cushion my feet in a pair of Asics Gel Cumulus 10 (there's a reason they name their shoes after clouds...) and they are soooo much happier!



And Hubby's wallet is soooo much lighter!!!

Gotta love sport!

Comments

Laticia said…
Interesting!! Running is my hobby!! It is also good for health!! Comfortable shoes are really essential for this!! I have nice pair of shoes...

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!