Scrubs and sneakers...

I'm kinda getting sick of hospital blue. I never want to have to don another one of those drafty, oversized, blue hospital gowns again in my life! I'll spare you the details but I was in and out of emergency again all this weekend (well, Friday and Saturday anyway, so far Sunday is uneventful). Three different doctors; three different opinions; no conclusion. Whatever it was has cleared up so that's good. No more hospital BLUES!

Hub and I started week 7 of running. This morning we popped out of a nice warm bed to a nice warm morning, put our shoes to pavement instead of the rubberized track, and ran 9km! We've gone from 0km to 9km in 7 weeks! I don't know if this is impressive or not, but I am thoroughly proud of us!!! Yeah!!

After we complete the 13 week program, we're going to start swimming or biking. We're still aiming to participate in a mini-triathlon (apparently called a 'sprint' triathlon but there will not be any 'sprinting' on my part) in March. Wouldn't it be cool if we surpassed our goals and were able to do a full sized triathlon (called an 'Olympic' in case you were keeping track) in August?! I'd be thrilled!

For a while during this weekend I thought that my goofy heart was going to shut the door on our dream but since it seems to have rectified itself (we figure there was some damage done as a result of my illness in April) I don't have to watch yet another goal pass us by. Woo hoo!

Look out Ironman...here we come!

(Yeah, right...)

Comments

Julie K. said…
I am very impressed with your progress....and how great that you and hubby are doing this together. And thankfully, you can still go for your dream and reach your goals....and then another one... I am glad that everything is ok after your experience with your weekend BLUES!!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability