You're never going to believe this...

I bought an IRON!

Okay, c'mon, pick yourself up off the floor, dust yourself off and finish reading my blog...

Yes, I bought an IRON!

And what's more amazing is that I USED IT!

What brought about this transformation you may ask? This did:


This little baby uses steam to make your clothes wrinkle free and, YOU ONLY HAVE TO IRON ONE SIDE and the other side gets pressed too! What busy working mom doesn't need one of these? Tonight I ironed 2 baskets full of clothes (t-shirts, pajama bottoms, and sweat shirts) in less than one hour. If I sound like an infomercial it's because I listened to the lady at the Home Show booth for about 20 minutes--and watched her iron sequinced tops, lingerie, clothes with iron ons, wool suit jackets and 8 table napkins at one time--and talked to 3 or 4 people who already owned one and asked them all kinds of questions before I finally broke down and bought one. And, because I was one of the first 20 people to buy (yeah, that's not a scam or anything) I totally got a cute little travel iron for all those amazing trips I plan to cross off my bucket list in the next couple of years!

I'm going to ride camels as the dawn breaks into the Valley of Kings in a neatly ironed linen outfit, and I'm going to visit the Parthenon in a wrinkle free toga, and I'm even going to show up in Hawaii at a looo-owww (luau? lou-ow? luuu-owl?) in the sharpest grass skirt and coconut bra the island has ever seen. Oh yeah, I'm going to totally rock the travel iron!

Don't worry though, I'm not going to get out of control or anything because I have already showed amazing restraint when I stopped myself from ironing the underwear.  I stood there with the iron hovering over the little briefs, mind you, and then I came to my senses.  And moved on to the socks.

What's next?

Can I iron vinyl blinds? Leather couches? The seats in the car? The children's hair? The mail?

Oh, I feel giddy...the possibilities are endless.

And yes, Anita...feel free to bust out into giggles 'cause I know you're rejoicing over there...

Hey, for all you wanna be ironers, click right here to learn about the iron that has transformed me into Irene Ironer!


Must run now...the buzzer on the dryer just went and I'm sure something in their could use some of my attention.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!