Clothes!!

Okay so today I'm 'standing for something' not terribly philanthropic, alturistic or even environmental, but it sure is something fun!

I've fallen back in love with CLOTHES! And...believe it or not...ironing! Now if you know me, you will know that I am NOT, I repeat NOT, an ironer. In the 12 years since my kids have been born I have maybe picked up an iron 5 times. In the past if it's been wrinkled, I wear it, or I buy a new one. Yep...that's me.

So anyway...turned over a new leaf.

Now that the kids are back in school I discovered that I am living in a mini Hollywood. The moms are gorgeous, skinny and dress like they are movie stars. I gotta fit in...don't want to stand out in my Costco yoga pants (that are worn out and getting fuzzy) and my 5 dollar t-shirts...so I started shopping. Wow...did that unleash the beast!!! I am having sooooo much fun buying new pants, sweaters, leather jackets, boots etc. that I find I haven't needed nearly as much chocolate in my life. Or any sweets for that matter. I guess I was filling a void....a shopping void.

Anyway, so with these new clothes comes the desire to keep them looking pretty so...out came the iron. Now I'm ironing everything...my hubby's t-shirts, Zack's jean shorts and rugby pants...and soon it'll be pillow cases; sheets; underwear....anything!

I can't understand the insanity. But you know what? I'm just going with it. For now our clothes all look pretty and pressed.

For now...

We'll see how next week looks...

Probably wrinkled!!

Comments

Carmen said…
You are too funny! Okay, but what IS up with all those moms looking like supermodels at 8:30 am??!! I used to think the same - I can't show up in my sweats with my hair pulled back looking I just rolled out of bed (well, I had just rolled out of bed!!)... But now since I work, I too look all supermodel-ish at 8:30 am - bring the kids to school and then head straight to work.

You have this love for clothes. I have that love for shoes. If you have the perfect shoe, it makes everything work!! Oh ya. hee hee

Have fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!