The More Something Changes....


I took Mackenzie shopping yesterday because her birthday money was burning a hole in her pocket and what do you think I saw?


Leg Warmers.


Lace fingerless gloves.


Faux glasses.


Halllooo....welcome to MY teenage years! The whole Madonna Wannabe look? I owned it! I had the ratty hair with the oversized headband/rag thing; the lace gloves (even wore black ones to my graduation) ; the leg warmers with the high heeled shoes! Holy fashion batman, I never thought THAT stuff would ever come back in style. I mean NEVER!


Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not about to run out and buy any of it for myself (although I must admit I really wanted to buy the glasses: they made me look really stylin' and SMART!) , but my kids are scooping this stuff up! Mackenzie and Morgan both have leg warmers and the cutsie dance socks...I know it's just a matter of time before the fingerless, lace gloves enter our home!


My girls better be careful...pretty soon I'll be stealing their accessories! Can you just picture it? A 40 year old lady with leg warmers and heels; fingerless lace gloves and a big ole' floppy rag/headband wearing her iPod and dancing to Madonna and blowing a big pink bubble....all while walking her three kids to school on a cold October morning?


Disturbing isn't it?


Aren't you glad we don't go to your school?!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!