It's all about the kids....

Today was such a neat day.

It started when Kiki came home from school and told me that she got 10 out of 10 on a writing assignment. That was great enough but when she told me the teacher read it out in class and used it as an example of 'how to do it right', I was feeling...do I admit it?....PROUD!!!

When you've homeschooled for two years and suddenly put your kids back into school there's a little trepidation about how they're going to do. Questions go through your mind such as...Did we do enough writing/math/reading/socials? Did I miss teaching something crucial that will rear it's ugly head once school gets going? Did I do okay? So today after this happened in Kenzie's class it helped to dispell those fears! I DID do something right! I did teach them stuff! Yay!!

The next exciting thing was that Zee lost his first tooth. He seems a little young, at only 4 (almost 5)years old, to lose that first tooth but it was definitely time as the tooth has been wiggly for a couple of months now. He bit into a pineapple and that made it really wiggly and he wanted it out. It was loose in the back and the front but I swear it was still cemented in the middle! It took us almost 15 minutes to get it out! We pulled and pulled, we tried gum, toffee, latex gloves (the gloves would provide grip we thought)...anything we could! Kiki pulled; Mo pulled, I pulled. Finally Mo got it out. How did Zee react to all this tugging? With a smile on his face...not even one tear was shed...because he knew the tooth fairy was going to bring him money for the Nintendo DS he is saving for! Do you think I need to worry about him selling his blood when he's 16 and wants a new car?




And finally...Mo's tap solo! Wow can that kid ever tap! If that sounds boastful, I do apologize but I'd give the same credit to anyone elses' kid so why not to my own? Her teacher said that she has a natural talent for tap and I believe it! She's amazing!!!

Well, that's enough bragging for today. Time to hit the shower and read a good book.

G'night all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!