Found: Something Precious.

New Look! New Name! Same blogger.

Have you ever found something you didn't know you'd lost? I have. Guess what I found? I found ME!

Strangely enough, I didn't realize I was lost until I started to find myself. Amidst the mothering, the cooking, the cleaning and the homeschooling, somewhere I got misplaced. Lisa got covered up by all the 'stuff' in her life. I didn't miss her...I didn't even know she needed to be looked for...but when I decided to send the kids to school and I went to put "Lisa" on all of a sudden she was not there. There in front of my mirror stood a tired looking, tired sounding, slightly chubby woman wearing old yoga pants, a t-shirt and worn out runners. This wasn't the woman I knew 12 years ago. Where did the young, vibrant, well-dressed one go? I began to look for her...

I found her. She's a little older and a lot out of shape but she's also a little smarter and a little wiser. I lovingly took her out, dusted her off and vowed to take better care of her. I'm dressing her better; I'm pampering her more; I'm taking her out for dates with her friends; and I'm letting her fall in love with her family again.

She's happy...she's gonna be just fine.

I don't want to lose her again though.

I'll have to remember to put her up on a high shelf the next time life gets so busy and be sure to take her down and let her know that I love her.

She's precious....

She's doesn't know it yet...

But she's learning....

Comments

Alison said…
that is a really lovely blog. i've been doing a bit of that myself recently and it feels good. you've described it really well.
deb said…
Wow Lisa, those are beautiful words...kinda feelslike what I am going through. It must be our age...lol ;) Thanks for the wisdom.
Lisa said…
Thanks guys! It looks like we are all dusting ourselves off. Doesn't it feel great?!

Deb? Deb J? Is that you?

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!