Another installment of: Life with Zee

Kiki has a school project due next week and she has decided she wants to create a huge scrapbook page-type of poster board display.  Being that I am the least talented drawer in the world, I asked my artistic and amazing friend, Candise, to come and sketch out the display for us. 

Being the sweet soul that she is, she agreed and even said that she'd come to my house instead of me having to lug all the stuff to her house.

Bless her heart.

Last night I while I was waiting for her to come I decided to run down stairs and sort some laundry AND discuss some important dance details with my friend on the phone.   Before we go any further with this, you need to know that I am completely deaf in one ear...and rapidly losing hearing in the other, so when I have a phone to my ear, I hear NOTHING but the person I am talking to.  So, when I went downstairs, I left my son sitting at the kitchen table playing, well within earshot of any door knocking or bell ringing that may take place.

Let me set the scenario straight for you:

1 deaf mommy downstairs on the phone
1 little boy sitting at the table.
1 artistic friend knocking at the door and ringing the doorbell.

Zee comes to the top of the stairs and hollers out to me, "Mommy, someone's at the door!"  Perfect!  That's exactly what I thought he'd do.

"It's Candise, Zee, just run and open the door."  I holler to him as I quickly conclude my phone call with a 'gotta go! bye!'

I come running up the stairs, fling the door open wide, expecting to see Candise's beautiful smile and I am greeted by...nothing.  no one.  cold, evening air.  Being that she's been involved in YW in the past, I think she's probably pulling one of those ring-the-doorbell-and-hide-around-the-corner trick, so I call out to her, check over on the side of the house, and start to look up and down the street for her car.  She's GONE!  How could that be?

"Zee,"  I ask, "how long was someone knocking on the door?"

"About 10 minutes," he answers.

(*I smack my hand against my forehead in disbelief*)  "Zee, why didn't you call me?" 

"I did, Mommy."

"How loud, Zee?"

"Like this....Mommy, someone's at the door, and then Mommy, someone's at the door.  You weren't answering so finally I went to the stairs and said, Mommy!  Someone's at the door!!!"

Ahhh...Zee...what would my life be without you?  I shudder at the thought...

I love you, you little goof ball!


(Candise, bless her heart, is going to try again tonight.  I'll be sure to be sitting right by the door....)

Comments

candise said…
hahaha that was funny. I thought you were having an important family discussion or prayer or something. I didn't want to be a pest constantly knocking and ringing the doorbell.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!