All about me...

Some stuff I am learning, or have learned, about myself recently:


1. I don't like loud noise.  I can literally feel it grating on my nerves.

2. I don't like to  move things when I vacuum.  I work around it.

3. As much as I aspire to be, I am not an outdoor person.  Today the sun is shining and I should go for a walk (in fact my body is begging for it) but instead I am indoors cleaning toilets.

4.  I hate cleaning toilets.

5. I'm a loner and extremely antisocial.  True statement.

6. I don't laugh very easily.

7. Today I will buy my first pair of glasses.  Reading glasses.  Proof positive that I am getting old.

8. I pretty much always get my way.

9. I love having 'deep' conversations with my kids about God and the mysteries of life.

10. I have always treated my kids like 'small adults' by being respectful of their feelings, brutally honest and have always given more information than they probably needed.

11. My life belongs to my family.  I am nothing with out them and everything because of them.  My heart...

13. I have been with my significant other as my boyfriend or husband for 29 years today!  I love you, Hubby...with all my heart.

14. Music makes my heart literally sing (provided that it's at the right volume).

15. I love to sing but can't, for the life of me, carry a tune.  This breaks my heart.

16.I love throwing clothes in the washer and dryer but hate folding and putting away.

17.I love to read but lately can't get more than 2 pages in  before I start to fall asleep.  Very frustrating!

18. My first year in real estate has exceeded my wildest expectations.

19. I am a purger--I can throw almost anything away unless I am highly emotionally attached to it. 

20. I am, surprisingly enough, emotionally attached to my stuffed animals and can not throw them away.  Each one carries a memory of my childhood and now, of my children's. 

21. I wince every time when I have to pluck my eyebrows.  I do 6 a day on each eye to avoid a massive repair...

22. Sometimes I forget to do 6 a day for about a week and then I am in trouble...

23. I love to watch my kids dance.  If I had a second chance at my youth, I would be a dancer.

24. Dancing releases happiness in my muscles and my blood and makes me feel alive.  Sometimes I will just dance around my house when no one is home.  Haven't done this for a while though...

25. Just danced to Maroon 5-- am happy now.

26. I have been bitten by the travel bug.  Never had a desire to travel until recently, now it consumes me.  Good thing my bestie is a very patient travel agent!

27. Places to travel to on my bucket list:  Greece, Egypt, Paris, Jerusalem, Italy, Montreal...

28. I don't officially have a bucket list.  Must make one...

29. I desire to be organized but am so crappy at it. 

30. Since eliminating tons of foods due to food allergies I have lost 20 lbs!  Happy!

31. I would love to learn photography.  What I see with my eye and what I can make the camera see with its is amazingly different and unique.  I just have to learn how to make the camera see what my mind does. 

32. When I was little I thought 24 hours in a day was much too long and wanted to talk to God about shortening it but now, as an adult, I don't think 24 hours is enough and would still like to have a chat with God about it...

33. I have a million questions for God when I die.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to take a number...

34. One question would be about childbirth:  Why not velcro on our tummies?  Why does a baby have to come out of  *there*?!   Okay, that's two questions.  See how this is going to go?

35. I am so grateful to have had the experiene of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting. 

36. I have no desire to have another baby.  I know women who would have another one in a heartbeat.  Not me.  I desired my whole life to have babes, in fact it's all I could think of, and now I am very fufilled.

37. Love songs make me cry.  Especially anything by Chicago. 

38.If I had the chance to live my life over I would only change a couple of things: 1. I would have danced, 2. I would have travelled, 3. I would have been less serious in my youth and taken some more chances.

39.  I would not change: 1. My spouse, or the time we've shared, 2. My kids, and the wonderful, amazing people they are, 3. My relationship with my parents, 4. My cool brothers (although a sister thrown in the mix would have been nice)

40. Everyday I am amazed at life--the good times, the bad times, the scary times--and how everything always seems to 'work out' for the best.  This strengthens my testimony of God and His marvels.

So there you go...a little glimpse into my mind.  Hope you enjoyed the journey....

Lisa

Comments

Carmen said…
You know we are some kind of freaky sisters separated at birth...

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!