Extreme Couponing--Baby Steps

Last week I watched my first episode of TLC's Extreme Couponing, and I gotta admit...I'm hooked! Not that I want 15 bottles of hand cleanser, 100 jars of mustard, or 150 bottles of extra strength Excedrin, but I am really liking the thrill of the hunt!

Yesterday, the kids and I actually looked through the flyers BEFORE we went grocery shopping and then planned our menus based on what was on sale. This is a very radical move for me!

Today, Mo and I saw that there was a sale on at Old Navy (all bottoms 40% off) so we went to get shorts for Zee. While we were there we noticed that a number of the items we had bought, ON SALE, earlier in the week were also part of this 40% off sale so we inquired about it and sure enough we were able to use the coupon towards our previous purchases! I know you're probably thinking 'Hey, sister, where have you been? Are you new to the planet? New to shopping? THIS is how it's always been done, Doughhead!' but you need to understand that this is NOT how I've always done it.

But I will now!!

On our shopping trip today I managed to get:

2 dresses
1 skirt
1 pair of bermuda shorts
5 pair of boys shorts
3 cardigans
1 pair of girls shorts
2 pairs of yoga capris

all for the low, low price of $66.53! I even got to use a $15.00 off coupon which was used on top of my 40% off!

I love shopping! It's like therapy...

Is that so wrong?! Because if it is, I don't wanna be right!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability