More random insights....and I mean random!

1. I get bored very easily.

2. I like speed: I drive fast, I like things to be done quickly, and I walk fast.

3. I would love to learn how to play the guitar.

4. I don't like video games however, I will not turn down a game of Galaga.

5. Board games kill me because they don't move fast enough.

6. I can't process information that is delivered verbally. Write it down, point it out, draw me a picture, show me a video, send me a txt or email, but DO NOT TELL it to me. I will not understand, process, or remember it. I believe this is due to the fact that I am completely deaf in my right ear and so a part of my brain has never developed properly.

7. However, if I hear something enough times, like a song, I will remember it forever. I can still remember words to songs and commercials from when I was 10 years old verbatim.

8. I don't like that my body is aging. I refuse to accept it. I still want to be able to turn cartwheels but my wrists won't allow it. OUCH!

9. I think the world would be a happier place if we had an adult sized jungle gym to play in after work and afterwards we all got a soother/binkie/pacifier to suck on and just chill. Maybe I should run for politics, no?

10. I don't collect anything. I should start...shoes? purses? clothes?

11. I wash and blow dry my hair every single day, and have done this my whole life.

12. I have a shower every morning and a bath every night. I can't sleep if I'm not warm and toasty from a hot bath.

13. I am considering buying a hot tub. (see #12)

14. I like scary novels but don't like scary movies.

15. I ignore my gas gauge. Because of this I have been stranded at the side of the road twice in the last 2 months. Dumb, I know.

16. I have had a gun pointed at me. Truth!

17. I almost always wear high heels. Have done since I was a teenager.

18. I am not a touchy, feely person. I am very selective about who I like to cuddle with and hug.

19. I don't bring a list with me when I go shopping because it's all 'up here' *points to brain* but the minute I walk into the store I completely forget everything on the list.

20. I literally have a palm pilot--I write important reminders on my hand. It works.

21. I can't write in black ink. Blue all the way!

22. My penmanship has gone down the crapper due to computers...

23. I love technology but can't keep up with it.

24. My favorite artist when I was growing up was Prince. I was shunned because of it. I still love his music and it brings back great memories!

25. I seriously want to sell my house and downsize into a townhouse. I think it would be easier to keep clean!

26. I have always had only two BFFs in my life at any time. I don't know why that is...

27. People think I'm gregarious but I'm really very introverted. Conversations make me break into a flop sweat (see #6)

28. My first concert was the Headpins. And...I used to figure skate with D`Arby Mills (the lead singer)...my mom remembers her, I don`t.

29. I have always had long fingernails. I stopped biting them when I was 13 (we were on a very dirty road trip with the town marching band and I couldn`t wash my hands enough so I stopped biting my nails).

30. I hate having dirty, wet or sticky hands. I wash my hands constantly. I get this from my dad.

31. Because of #30 I can`t touch chicken or raw meat. I wear gloves.

32. I do not like cars. I will only drive a SUV, van or truck...

33. I love the sound of the saxophone and also violins but don`t really like piano (it grates on my nerves). Pity, since my son and my mother both play piano.

34. Love the fact that my kids LOVE 80`s music!

35. One of my favorite songs is `Don`t take the girl` by Tim McGraw. I love *story* songs. (I realize this is not an 80`s song)

36. I am secretly glad that my husband is not a romantic who sings love songs to my face because I would seriously break into the giggles. I couldn`t be married to Tim McGraw for this fact, nor to any other dude who sings.

37. I love black and white pictures. They are so artistic!

38. I love urban legends and conspiracy theories.

39. I hate being late.

40. I wear a long side bang for two reasons: 1. so I don`t have to pluck my eyebrows all the time, and 2. to hide (see #27)

41. Only my hubby and kids know the 'real me' and even they don't have the full picture.

42. If I had to rate myself as a friend I would give me a failing grade. I do not think I am a good friend.

43. I feel like a failure in some aspect every single day but try to use it as a motivator to make me a better person. I usually just beat myself up though.

44. I don't like excuses and don't make them. I am brutally honest with myself but not as much to others because I don't want to hurt anyone's soul/heart.

45. I have wrinkles AND acne. How is that fair?!

46. I was never a Michael Jackson fan until he died. How weird is that?

47. If I ever went on the show 'Survivor' my one luxury item would be hairspray. Can't live with out it.

48. I would love to do 'The Amazing Race'

49. I love making lists of To Do's but very rarely get anything done on those lists.

50. I always have to have something in my hand to fidget with...

51. I only watch the Stanley Cup playoffs if my team is in it. If not then I stop watching. Go Canucks Go!!

52. I'm thinking of getting a boob job. My daughter is horrified by this. I'm not a big fan of pain so it will probably never happen but it is crossing my mind more and more lately.

53. I do not like the smell of the ocean.

54. I don't understand how the tides work.

55. I could never remember which direction the sun rose until my hubby said, "Hon, think of the Japanese flag with the rising sun in the east, and then think about western movies where they ride off into the sunset." Bang! Got it!!

56. My hubby taught me many years ago not to worry about things I couldn't control but now he does it! Ironic, no?

57. I think my hubby is the most amazing man alive (besides my daddy!).

58. My mom has always been my best friend--even through my teenage years. My daughter and I have the same relationship as I do with my mom and it thrills me (and scares me a little too).

59. I have only ever loved one guy in my whole life. Can you guess who?

60. Hates running behind schedule and is now 2 hours off because of all this thinking and blogging so I'm going to sign off now. Thanks for reading!

Lisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!