Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah...

As I laid in bed this morning wondering which job on my excessively long TO DO list I should tackle...should it be cleaning out the storage room, using my Groupon to get $40 worth of Body Shop products for $20, or how about returning the sheets that shrunk after one washing to Ikea...the idea hit me like a ton of bricks:

COOK!

What?! Cook?! Is my family getting tired of Dad's Shake and Bake chicken? Or his spaghetti sauce? How about McDonalds? Or even, packaged food? Aren't they thriving on all those chemicals and negative nutritional value packed food? They're all getting A's in school and winning dance and speech competitions so they must be okay.

Nope. Time to do some cooking.

So I rounded up the troops (read: children stuck at home because van has a flat tire) and we COOKED!

And boy, did we cook!

This is what we made:

1. 2 lbs of meatballs
2. cooked and froze 2 lbs of ground beef
3. cut up 4 lbs of pork shoulder to make curry pork
4. cooked a pork roast to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner
5. cooked up 5 bone in chicken breasts and will peel meat off and freeze for soups, salads, chicken salad sandwiches, and other recipes
6. 2 pans of lasagna
7. marinaded pork tenderloin and put into freezer bags.

(Can you tell that PORK was on sale at the grocery store this week?)

We worked hard but we played hard too--we talked, we sang (Journey: Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin') and we even took time out to shake our groove thangs to Adam Lambert.

I even threw caution to the wind and let the kids make the lasagna (I'm all about experiences these days and I figured this would be a good one...)








Not bad huh?  Only a minor mess was made and most of it was during this next part--our lasagna making tradition--where we eat up all the left over sauce and left over noodles (of which I make extra) and be complete pigs about it. Sooooo yummy!





 It was a great day!

Comments

Lori said…
Wanna come over and do this with my kids???? U are still their other mom! Great job Lisa, you never cease to amaze me.

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!