LEAKY. FAUCET.

'Wow, the carpet's so cold down here in the basement that it almost feels wet,' I thought as I sat at the desk.

Guess what? The carpet really WAS wet! Soaked, matter of fact.


I called Hubby at work to tell him, and he immediately dropped what he was doing and came straight home. Harumph, I can't get him to do that for me...not even when I promise that I'll show him the new moves I learned on the Stripper Channel. Really...I don't watch the Stripper Channel (does one even exist?)...but my point is...nothing gets him to leave work, and I mean NOTHING.

Except, however, a leaky faucet.

Long story short: we found the source, fixed up the problem, pulled back the carpets, cut away the underlay and mopped up the water.

It's been a learning experience.

But the most important thing I learned is how to get Hubby to come home; just two little words...

LEAKY.

FAUCET.


I'll leave the interpretation up to him...

Comments

Carmen said…
Okay, that is crappy! You seem to be dealing though much MUCH better than I would have!! You are a constant source of inspiration to me! Although I do have to agree that nothing gets the hubby moving faster than threat of damage/destruction to the house! I remember when we bought our first house in Cloverdale and our hot water tank burst = 2 feet of water all in the kitchen... Good times. Oh ya. Gooood times... hee hee Live and learn.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!