The New Beginnings of Spring....

Ahhhh...that sunshine was just what I needed today! It was so warm that I only needed a sweater on when I went outside. It made me think of Spring and the fact that it's just around the corner. And with spring comes....

SPRING CLEANING!


Well, I didn't exactly start cleaning but I did replace some of my fall/winter floral arrangements with more 'spring-y' ones. Specifically...gerbera daisies. My favorite. The look so lovely on the black piano. They are exactly what that wall needed. Refreshing.


So...I spent some time at Michaels today. Yeah...dangerous store. I haven't been in there in about 2-3 years and I was amazed at the stuff they had; sewing, crocheting, picture frames, beads, scrapbooking supplies, flowers....and on and on! It totally got my creative juices flowing! I can't wait to get going on a new project.


The first order of business will be to hang the new picture frame with our family picture and the kids' school pictures. I also have those cool wooden squares with the little mirrors in the middle that I'm going to paint and then put up along side the picture frames. I'm hoping it will be striking and artsy when I'm all done with the display.


We have made a goal for next Christmas (yes, it's a bit early to be thinking about it) to be a homemade one. We have been thumbing through quilting, crocheting, beading, painting and sewing books and can't wait to get started. I'm going to learn how to crochet first I think. Or maybe I'll start beading. Or maybe I'll get back to tole painting.... AGH! So many places to start that I can't decide.

And now, on a totally different note: Mo, my eldest, is going to be a Young Woman soon. She gets to go to New Beginnings this Thursday night. Where did the time go? How is it that my precious baby girl is now a young woman? I don't have an answer to that but I do know that I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming; she is beautiful both inside and out, she is responsible, caring, virtuous, and is growing in her faith and building her testimony. She is an absolute joy to our family. I'm so grateful for her. She is everything to me.


Well, on that note I think I will close my post for today.

Blessings to all,

Lisa

PS I'm becoming interested in photography...here are some of my photos.









Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey chica! Fun new look for your blog! I like it! ~M~
Lisa said…
Wank you vwery much!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!