What the Heck?! Wednesdays...

Mo had a case of 'What the Heck?' last night....

It's 12:00pm and a sleepy Mo comes into our bedroom as Hubby is brushing his teeth and getting ready for bed. Through my sleepy stupor (reading Deepak Chopra's Quantum Healing can knock me out faster than a sharp blow to the head), I hear the exchange of a little bit of conversation and think it's peculiar because Mo usually just comes in for a quick hug and then heads back off to bed (I think she likes to make sure that we're either still alive or haven't run away).

Suddenly, I feel the covers pull back, hear a "Hi Mom!" and feel a nice warm body slide in next to mine. I mumble, slightly waking now, "Mo, go back to your own bed."


"Mom, I just want to lay here for a while; I don't want to practise yet."


"What? Practise what? Go to bed, Mo."


"I don't want to practise piano...I just want to lay here for a few more minutes."


A moment of clarity infuses my sleepy brain and I realize that the kid is either sleep walking or else has gone nuts. I'm hoping it's the former.


"Mo, why would you practise the piano now? It's 12:00 at night!"

"No, mom...my alarm went off. It's 7:00am."

Okay, so now the whole sleepy thing has worn off and I realize that the power outage yesterday must have messed up Mo's clock. Now for the task of trying to explain this to Mo without waking myself up past the point of no return. So, after a few minutes of head shakes, "wuuuuts?" and "but my alarm went off!", Hubby and I finally convince our darling, mislead but good intentioned, daughter to go back to bed.


She's stumbles back to her room still muttering..."but my alarm went off..."


Already a slave....


Didn't matter that it was still dark out. Didn't matter that her dad hadn't been to sleep yet (she convinced herself that he'd pulled an all-nighter. Hello Mo...university days are loooong past). Didn't matter that dad's side of the bed was still made. Nothing overrode the power of the alarm. It went off therefore it must be time to wake.


A slave to the alarm...






Poor girl....
Thankfully she didn't just go down and start practising like she usually does, or else there would have been an entirely different story to tell.




Comments

Carmen said…
She and Ethan make a good pair! Ethan is an awful sleepwalker, or should I say not-awake-walker! He comes up with some doozies - the last one was a few nights ago where he came running downstairs around 10:30 pm and said that his feet were on fire and insisted that I throw water on them! No joke. But the best one yet was when Ethan was about 5 years old and he woke up screaming that a bird was in the house and eating his ear! hee hee

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!