A Date with my (little) Man...

Tonight I went out on a date with the most handsome guy in the world.

No it wasn't my hubby.

And no I'm not cheating....

Tonight I took my son on his long awaited 'special' day with mom.

Zee has been waiting a loooong time to have a special night with me but because of all the busy-ness of the last 4-6 months, he's had to wait. But tonight I surprised him with a trip to the movies.

When I told him that we were going for our special date his whole face lit up. I hope to never forget the pure joy I saw in his eyes. Absolute bliss.

As we sat in the theatre watching UP and wearing our 3-D glasses, I wanted to just freeze the moment and sit with him forever and just look at his little face that was beaming with joy.

I know that moments like these are few and far between amidst the daily turmoil of life, but I'm so grateful that I had this chance to just stare at that little face while it's still little, still innocent and still in love with it's mommy.

One day that face will be bigger and more worldly and those special smiles will be reserved for his little boy or girl. I hope he gets a chance to just stare into his little one's face and see the heaven that is there.

Thank you Lord for my sweet babes...all of them; Zee, Kiki and Mo....my little angels on earth and my own little piece of heaven.

The movie was called UP and I feel like tonight I've been lifted UP. I'm not sure who benefited more from this little date...Zee or me.



Comments

Julie K. said…
So, do you go back and read comments to older posts, or should I have posted this comment in your most recent post?

Anyways....what a wonderful time you had with Zee, your little man. And how special to spend time with our children, one to one. They love this, and so do we! But life gets so busy! I need to do this with my boy too...while they will still be seen with us. At what age does that stop? Hopefully not for many years to come.

Children are such a blessing, and I am always encouraged by reading your posts, and hearing about the wonderful family times you are having.

Are you upset when you don't have many comments? Ha, ha!!

And what a wonderful time you had at Lynn Canyon. I haven't been there for so many years. It really sounds like it has changed alot. I remember hiking there and playing in the river, and I even think there was a store where we bought those really big freezies to enjoy. Do people still jump into the water from the really high rocks? Scary! Maybe Lynn Canyon will be a family outing for this summer - but I don't think my stomach could handle the Suspension Bridge - yikes!

Waiting for more of your posts....hope you are enjoying each day! Take care!

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!