Oh the irony of it all...

Know what's ironic?

Being a loner and having children who need to be with you every second.

Loving silence but having children who never stop talking.

Being deaf in one ear and having children who talk quietly and mumble.

Being the type of person who is impulsive and having children (and Hubby) who ponder, measure and logistically plan every move they make.

Somedays I wonder where these children came from. They can't possibly be mine. My children would rise at 11:30am, would roll over in bed to grab a book to read, would come down to the kitchen only to eat, Blog or Facebook and then would head back upstairs with their iPod and a book and lower themselves into a nice hot bath where they would spend the remainder of the day. They would exist on nothing but chocolate, they would abhor fruit of all kinds, and would drink milk by the gallons.

Those are the kids that should have been mine. Has anyone seen them anywhere? It appears there's been some sort of switch and I have these talkative, exuberant, thoughtful, logical, and mumbly ones....

Aw, but gee, they are kinda cute. Maybe I'll keep them....

Comments

Launi said…
Oh yes---do keep them! They are adorable. It's funny isn't it? I'm a yellow personality, flighty, 14 year old trapped in a...ahem...older body. I have very grounded, logical, serious children. The little aliens! You know, I'm sure we get them because we all need to learn how to be tolerant and easy going. Maybe a bit of logic wouldn't hurt either. yikes.
Anonymous said…
I think I must have one of your children. She doesn't get out of bed until 10:30 or 11 most days (in fact, she's still sleeping right now) and comes upstairs only to eat or check her email. Other than that, she spends all her time draped over the furniture, reading. I think she's read 5 thick novels in the past 7 days. Although, on second thought, that actually sounds like me... LOL. ~Mele~

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability