Our family has enough clothes to feed a small army...

Excuse me while I mix my metaphors a bit, but what I'm staying is the absolute truth!

We have gone for two weeks without doing laundry.

My children have worn a new (ie. CLEAN--not newly purchased) outfit (usually consisting of 3-5 pieces of clothing) everyday these past two weeks.

They have not worn the same thing twice.

They still have plenty of clothes in their drawers.

I did laundry today...about 8 loads of it...and guess what?! I can't fit it all into the drawers! There's no way.

I tried culling the piles...gave some to charity; packaged some up to give to my friends' son; threw some away...and still...

NO ROOOM for it all!!

This is a bit disgusting to me. I didn't realize that we've been collecting clothes like knick-knacks collect dust, but apparently we are! The weird thing is that I consider myself to be a thrifty shopper and I try really hard to steer away from the materialistic have-to-have-all-name-brand-stuff mentality that plagues us these days.

I've obviously failed somewhere along the line because seriously, if I were to sell all these clothes, I could probably end up with enough money to support a small army with food and supplies! Or maybe if I didn't sell them, I could just donate them to a small army and giggle as they do their boot camp in pink capri's, and tight t-shirts! Hey! I think I might like to see a sweaty, buff man in a tight t-shirt.

Where do I send the clothes?! and where can I get tickets to watch?

I'm not shallow...honest...I just really have a lot of clothes and a desire to share. Is that so wrong?!

Don't judge...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!