Walk a mile in my shoes...

It has been said that if you really want to get to know someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. Come on a virtual walk with me and my shoes (and sometimes my bare-naked tootsies! Eeek, how immodest!) and see where we've been this summer!



I can not even begin to describe the beauty of Shannon Falls. It looked like something out of a Jurassic Park movie set...nature in it's original, untouched state. Absolutely beautiful. My feet really can't even do it justice (although they are sporting a very funky color on their toenails.)



My feet were a bit reluctant to go much closer than this to Brandywyne Falls (our second stop on the way to Whistler, BC). My head said, "Yeah! Let's ride that sucker down with all the gusto we've got!!", but my feet refused to move. Darn, because THAT would have been a fun story to tell!!


Ahhh...water that my feet can greet with glee--no stones, no waterfalls, no fear~just chlorine-blue and warm! We greeted each morning and bid adieu to each evening with a dip in the pool. Our condo was on the base of Blackcomb Mountain and we could see the chair lift from the hot tub. Yeah, it's a tough life but somebody's got to live it! I don't mind taking one for the team.

A 'foot's eye view' from the Solar Coaster lift on Blackcomb Mountain:


A chance to bribe/relax/console the pedis after a long day of walking Whistler Village and hiking Blackcomb Mountain. Food and drink seemed to be the logical choice, although I'm sure they would have also been happy with a pedicure!

A poignant moment (okay, not really) between the glacial basin of Blackcomb and my sneaker-clad metatarsals. Can't you just FEEL the love?



On the Peak 2 Peak Gondola between the Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. Good thing you can't see the knees because they were shaking with fright from the knowledge that they were over 435 metres (that's 1427 feet for my American friends) in the air, suspended by a cable and that if it snapped there was NO WAY the feet were going to be any help in softening the blow. Silly knees, they wouldn't have been any help either but they're a tad ego-centric: pay attention to me, I hurt when you run, I crack when you sit down...big babies!!



After vacationing in Whistler, we couldn't stay away from the water and the mountains so we headed out to Lion's Bay and Whytecliffs Park to soak up more of the beautiful Gulf Islands and Howe Sound. Beautiful, beautiful BC!! This really is God's country!

Cooling off in the waters of Howe Sound at Whytecliffs Park:



Dippin' the tootsies into the great Pacific Ocean in Lion's Bay:

Thanks for walking with me.
Stay tuned for more adventures....

Comments

Jennifer said…
Just popped over from MMB. What a cute post. Loved it.
Lisa said…
Thanks for stopping by Jennifer! Nice to 'meet' you!!
Amanda said…
Paul says "at least she has cute feet" don't know if that's a slight against my stubbies or not, but cute pictures. I like how your feet are dressed differently in each shot, nice foot wardrobe and pedi!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!