Bittersweet....

What do you do when your 11 year old is at a day camp across the river, and when you go to pick her up you discover the highway and the bridge is closed in both directions?

Panic!!!

That's the situation my friend and I were faced with this afternoon. Two cranes blocking traffic: one toppled; the other helping to right it's fallen comrade. Highway CLOSED! Two kids on the other side of the river unaware of the traffic situation. No cell phone to contact them.

Panic!!!

After taking a few moments to breathe I realized we had a solution. Hubby! He works on the 'other side' of the river! Thankfully he was able to go get the girls, feed them some supper and take them to work with him for the remainder of the day. I'm sure they had fun playing pool and drawing on the white boards.

For the first time EVER I was thankful that he was on the other side of the bridge. Normally I am not. Earthquakes are a very real threat in this part of the world and with earthquakes come fallen or unpassable bridges. That means he's stuck *there* and we're stuck *here*. Alone. Without each other during the time that we would need each other the most. Fear strikes my heart when I consider it.

Actually...not fear but PANIC!!

But today....I was happy about it.

But tomorrow I won't be.

Comments

Carmen said…
I hear you. Yesterday was a day I was VERY thankful that I am no longer on the other side of the river. But Marc is... I think it took him nearly 2 hours to get home yesterday...

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!