Creativity Central....

That's how I would describe our household today. There were good things happening everywhere...all day long.

Firstly, Hubby and Zee painted the chair that they built together last week. I caught hubby 'touching it up.' Good thing he doesn't do the homeschooling or else all the assignments would either be 'doctored' or would have to be perfect before they were handed in. Aaaaaah, life with a perfectionist!





Secondly, Mo and Kiki made chocolate chip cookies (my favorite) and brownies (Mel's secret recipe!). Also, they worked all morning on the Webkinz house they are building. After Mo finished drawing the 'blueprints' they got right to work on the construction. They've made several rooms including the kitchen (with stove) and bathroom (with toilet and a sink with 'water' in it).



Thirdly, Zee and I completed about 5 pages of our K'nex Big Ball Factory. Kenzi and Mo eventually joined in too (while Daddy made dinner). The structure is just about as tall as I am.







And finally, I spent today (and yesterday for that matter) planning our history program for next year. I've waded through tons of books and have tried to organize and simplify the Middle Ages so that it is interesting and memorable for the kids. I think I am getting close to figuring out what I want to do. My idea is to base a majority of the learning on reading historical fiction and doing 'unit-type' study on the different ideas that come up within the book. We did this last year with a number of our novels and the kids really enjoyed it. To ensure that I am covering everything I have written up a number of learning objectives and goals for the year. I hope I'll be able to fit everything together as right now it still is a puzzle to me.

It was a great day!

Comments

Carmen said…
That chair is totally awesome! Great colour choices.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!