Time to breathe?

Aaaaaah(BIG exhale)....everything's done:

Swimming
Dancing
Piano
Achievers
Preschool

Done.

Time to breathe.

But wait...what's that? Entertain the children you say? Find ways for them to fill every waking moment? Make each day fantastical?

What?!

Okay...let's...

Swim

Play in the creek

Learn how to sew on the sewing machine

Do a summer craft

Start a new needlepoint project

Build a Big Ball Factory out of K'nex

Start our science curriculum--Powerhouse by Thames and Kosmos (
http://http://www.thamesandkosmos.com/products/ph/ph2.html)

Help hubby dig trenches in the back yard for our in ground sprinkler

Plan next year's school schedule

Hug
Kiss
Love ...

my kids.

Breathe.

Relish the moments; be happy that we are all healthy; learn to find the beauty in everything; love them while they are little because it won't be long until they are asking for the keys to the car or telling me that they've found 'the one.'

These moments are precious....

Love them....

Cherish them....

Breathe them in.

Comments

Carmen said…
Okay, you bring up an interesting point. Why do we (the parents) have to fill each and every moment of vacation for our children? I struggle with this. I have activities for them to do - crafts and work books and movies and outings - and Ethan has taekwondo all summer and Bella has gymnastics once a week all summer... But is this enough?? I can't entertain them for 12 hours a day. I don't have the ability to do this, nor do I have the patience. Even worse, as of Monday, I won't have the time as I will be at my new law firm 7 hours a day, 5 days a week... And yet, I feel like I have to entertain them... It is a strange cycle... I don't have the answers.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!