Munchie Mondays: Bran Muffins...

I grew up on the most wonderful bran muffins, and although I haven't been able to procure the recipe from my parents yet, this one comes suprisingly close. Yummy...

Bran Muffins

2 cups natural bran
2 cups boiling water
2 cups raisins
2 cups boiling water
3 scant cups white sugar
1 cup cooking oil (I used olive oil...it's a better fat...and it didn't add any weird taste)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups buttermilk or sour milk
5 cups flour
5 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup dark molasses

Soak natural bran in 2 cups boiling water.
Soak raisins in 2 cups boiling water until puffy.
Drain off excess water from raisins, but not off of the bran.
Mix ingredients together.
Add bran and raisins last.
Bake at 350*F for 30-35 minutes (I do 20 minutes...)

Fits perfectly in an ice cream pail.
Keep covered in refrigerator.
Keeps up to 6 weeks and makes about 6 dozen muffins (no it doesn't, I only get about 3 dozen)
Don't bake on the same day as mixed and don't mix after putting in refrigerator.

Enjoy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!