Summary Saturday

Kept my nose to the grindstone, my shoulder to the wheel, my eye on the prize and my ear to the ground this week...am I forgetting any of the five senses here?...as I tried to accomplish everything on my list.

On Monday Zee read 20-ish books so that he could finish his 'reading sheets.' His kindergarten teacher started the reading program in January and asked each child to try to read 100 books by April. Zee likes to do 'blitzes' so he'd go for about a week without reading and then read a bunch of books in one day. He is one of the few kids in the class who has already completed his goal. On his report card, he got an 'exceeding expectations' mark (weird way of marking but basically it would be a high A) on reading! Yeah!!! I'm so happy for him because he is one of the youngest kids in the class....due to his late birthday...and it's so great to see that he's keeping up with the others!




On Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember which), I opened my big pie hole and volunteered to sew dance costumes for Kiki's class. I don't quite know yet what possessed me to do that considering I haven't sat at the sewing machine in years! I'm not even entirely sure I remember how to work it! I'm an idiot...maybe I should get my head checked! Anyway, I got all excited about the costume and ran to the fabric store and to every store in the mall to look for costume items. That took about two days...two days I really couldn't afford as I was supposed to be getting ready for Mo's birthday on Friday. Anyway, never a stickler for time management, I raced around and found the perfect material, the perfect cardigan and the perfect therapist! Now all I have to do is sit my fat round butt down at the sewing machine next week and plug out 15 poodle skirts with 15 petticoats! Yep, 30 skirts in total! My therapist will be able to afford a sweet vacation after she's done with my issues!


Mo had her birthday party on Friday. The entire week was dedicated to getting this event accomplished. I scrubbed, cleaned, washed, folded, vacuumed, dusted, bought, carried, prepared, planned....in addition to putting back all the furniture and carpet after the 'flood'! Phew!!

10 girlfriends, plus one little brother (my son), came over for eats, presents and ice cream sundaes. Mo didn't want cake this year and I was only too happy to oblige her.



After eating Morgan gave each of the girls their 'goody bag' which consisted of a little change purse, a couple pieces of gum, and a $20.00 bill for the remainder of the party which was a trip to the mall. It was so cute watching the girls' faces as they discovered the money! It was worth every penny.
Before they left, I gave the girls some pointers regarding safety, manners and sticking together. Hubby and I spied on them a few times and found them to be wonderfully behaved and being responsible, good citizens. All the girls had a great time and met us at the end of the evening with shiny faces, clutching carrier bags and happy! Some of them spent all the money they were given PLUS some they'd brought from home; some just spend the $20.00 and some only spent a portion of it. It was neat to see the different 'shopping' personalities. I was also impressed with several of the girls' ability to 'max out' their dollar and shop for the sale items! They got a ton of stuff!

While we were at the mall we decided to get Zee's glasses adjusted...they were a bit crooked, and out of shape. The girl that was helping us was so intent on getting them absolutely perfect that she ended up breaking them! So, today we headed back to the mall to get Zee a new pair of glasses. I really liked his other ones so I'm a little sad, but these ones are quite close and don't have the same design flaw as the others so they should be a little more sturdy.

The time changes tonight so that means that church is going to be even earlier tomorrow morning! It'll be like 8:00am ...ugh, that means it'll be like 6:30am when I have to wake up and get ready! Ugh...maybe I'll go to the afternoon ward! Hee...hee...

Tonight we are just going to lay around and watch a movie....the week's been so hectic that we all need to just relax, relate and retreat! And eat the remainder of the junk food I bought for Mo's party! Yee haw!!

Oh yeah, the kids got their report cards on Friday. They all did AWESOME! Lots of A's and B's --I guess I'm gonna need to reward them with some fancy ice cream from Marble Slab Creamery. Hmm...seems to me I promised them that after the last report card and still have yet to make good on that promise. Whoops. I guess they'll get TWO cones...maybe just not at the same time!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability