Phew...

Phew....

Sigh of Relief!

Dance competitions are over for the year!

I can't tell you how much I love, and alternately hate, dance fesitval season.

I can't wait for competition to get started in Feb./March-ish...it's so fun getting the costumes, getting the final little pieces like the fishnet stockings, the hair clips, the wigs...it's an excuse to spend money so of course I LOVE IT!!!

I love getting the kids' all gussied up in their makeup and curling their hair (or straightening it, depending on the teachers' request) and then driving to the venue and walking into the dressing room with all the bright lights. It's like being a movie star for heaven's sake. Then, the best part is watching them go out on stage and dance like nobody's watching! I love the energy, the choreography, the talent...it's great!

But, there comes a time when it's no longer fun! When you've curled the hair in the morning and then have to straighten it in the afternoon, when you've put make up on over 20 times, when you've glued umpteen dozen pairs of false eyelashes on, when you've stuck a wig on 3000 times (okay, maybe I exaggerate a tad?) when you've driven to 4 or 5 venues over and over, and when you have to watch the same routines again and again....it gets old!

Really old!

So, let me just say 'sayonara' to dance festivals for the remainder of the season. I'm done with you for now but I will welcome you with open arms again in February 2010, 'cause I'm a little thick in the head and can't really remember the amount of energy it requires (much like giving birth....you don't really remember all the bad stuff so you do it again, and again and again!).

Just for right now...stay away, if you know what's good for you!

Comments

I can sooo soo sooooo soooo relate to this. (but not about dance) Amen, sistah!

MAHALO for following me. You made my day more ho-hum than ever!
Anonymous said…
We are done with dance competitions for this season too! Last one was on Saturday. Yay! Perfect timing with the whole car thing going on now, too... Like you, I am happy to see them go, and always happy to see them come back the next year. ~M~

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!