Yay Zee!

My little boy is growing into a little man. An educated and studious little man....

About a month and a half ago he asked me for a new Grade 1 workbook but I told him that he had to finish his Kindergarten workbook first. I never thought he'd take me seriously, but he tackled that 318 page book like he was a one legged man in a butt-kicking contest. He worked, he read, he sharpened a million pencils (okay, maybe I exaggerate a tad), he colored and he used his cranium. I am proud to say that last night, as the daylight was dying and the single candle that he was working beside flickered with a weak flame (okay,so not really!...can't a girl like me still pretend that she's Laura from Little House on the Prairie?), Zee finished his book!!

So, as a special treat, we are now heading to Costco for him to pick out any new workbook that he fancies! (as soon as Pa loads up the wagon and hitches the horses. Perhaps I'll get myself some nice calico for a dress; maybe a candy stick for each of the children too.)

Way to go Zee!



(The sticker on the head was his idea! I'm so proud. Single tear...)

Comments

Carmen said…
That is awesome!! I love busy little minds!!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!