Lemon Shortbread Cookies

Okay, out of fear of being throttled I'm posting the recipe for lemon shortbread cookies.  Please, stop drooling around my front door and salivating every time I walk passed you.  I know I'm delicious but I'm not edible (said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek)...

but these are...

Lemon Shortbread Cookies
 (remember to dip them in chocolate! or sprinkle them with icing sugar! or drizzle with a lemon glaze!)
(oops, I drooled just a bit there...)

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 tsp zest of lemon
2 cups sifted flour  (sift first, then measure)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer
Scrape sides of the bowl
Add lemon juice, zest and flour and mix  thoroughly on low speed
Roll dough out onto a flat, lightly floured surface and cut into rounds (if you have one of those fancy 'ruffled' edge cookie cutters, use it!)
Bake 8-10 minutes until cookie is very light brown in color  (cooking time may vary depending on your oven)

When cookie cools, place melted chocolate in a ziploc baggie, cut a small hole in the end and frost/drizzle/ decorate your little heart out.


Don't blame me if your Christmas dress doesn't fit.  I don't wanna hear it.

Comments

Yummy and I don't bake, but luckily I have two boys in my house that do. Looks like it's Lemon Shortbread Cookies for us tonight! Thank you.

May
Camryn said…
HAHA! I walked on over--sorry for blogger stalking--but you're right! The universe is in line :)

This recipe looks heavenly! You can't have any plain old shortbread cookie--you need the chocolate! Bring it!

Dang. My hubby's wallet is looking thinner and my rear is getting bigger! I have to try this recipe--with chocolate of course! :)

Thanks for your fun comments!
Carmen said…
Thank you Lisa for posting this! I see that my weekend now will consist of crafting AND baking. Nice. I guess I won't be sleeping at all this weekend... Oh well. The sacrifices I make... hee hee

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!