More food!!

Not sure what's gotten into me.   Usually I only go through my kitchen to get to the living room but lately I've set up shop in there and have been busy COOKING!  and BAKING!  Not sure what's going on here but my family (and some of my friends) are really happy that I am.

Tonight I created my own little dinner and it was QUICK and YUMMY!  I thought I'd share it with you.   It's called....

Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Chicken (mmmm...isn't your mouth already watering?)

1/2 onion
3 tsp crushed garlic or 3-4 garlic cloves (mashed)
olive oil
sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil with herbs)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (chili peppers)
2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp pepper
chicken (cubed/sliced and precooked)
salt to taste
Spicy Herbamare (seasoning found in health food stores/specialty stores/Whole Foods/butcher shop)  
grated parmesan cheese (the REAL stuff; not the stuff in the green jar!)
pasta of your choice (farfalle, penne, that spirally stuff, those fun shells)

*all the above ingredients need to be eye-balled as you cook.  If you need to add more olive oil, then do it, but don't make it greasy!  If it looks like you need more sun dried tomatoes, then chuck them in.  There are no limits (except maybe the salt) and no rules.  Well, there are rules in life but not any in this recipe!

Pour olive oil into pan and stir fry onions until translucent.  Now would be a good time to put a pot of water on to boil so you can cook the pasta.

Add garlic to olive oil  and stir (about 4 minutes) until onions are translucent

Add tomatoes, basil, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt to taste,chicken, Herbamare (to taste.  It doesn't really matter if you use this or not, I just love it and find that it really intensifies the flavors of the food).

Continue to stir to prevent from burning.

Cook pasta.

When pasta is done, drain it and add it to the sun dried tomato concoction currently making it's home in your large pot/pan.   Toss pasta with the 'sauce' and add about 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.   Keep throwing everything together until it looks yummy enough to eat.

Pour into serving bowl and garnish with additional parmesan.  Serve with Ceasar salad (Renee's Mighty Ceasar dressing available in the produce section of most grocery stores is really yummy!).

Prep time: about 15-20 minutes.

**Next time I'm going to add cooked, crispy, bacon too!! Yum!!







Here's what I made yesterday!



 
I promise I'll get back to complaining about life and it's weirdness but for now I'm too busy cooking! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmmm... those cinnamon buns look super yummy! Will you post a recipe for those too? ~M~

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Happy 20th Anniversary to Us!!