Goddess in Training?

Last night as I sat here eating chocolate, I was disturbed from my solace by the sound of grunting and music blasting.

It was my Hubby. Working out.

As I popped another bon-bon into my pie-hole, I contemplated the absurdity of the situation.  There I was, in my stretched-to capacity yoga pants, eating junk food, while my Jack Sprat-ish husband was downstairs doing copious amounts of ab crunches and pumping weights.

So I vowed to do something about it.

Eventually.

Right after I finish that last chocolate.

And after I have my nice toasty hot bath and read a book.

And after this cold/pneumonia goes away.

And after I write my exam.

Then, watch out people, 'cause I'm going to get BACK into the groove!  I'm gonna find that mojo that I lost back in November, and I'm going to regain and surpass my 'peak' performance.  I've lost a ton of ground (no pun intended) on my running progress; where I once could do 60 minutes non stop, I can barely do 15 now without gagging and dry heaving.   It's so disheartening.

But I will prevail.

And if not, then I'm moving to Niger where a friend of mine had the good sense to tell me this:

"Absolutely nothing wrong with this picture, babe. :) It's our North American culture that's so messed up. If we were living in, say, Hangandi, Niger, we could eat chocolate to our hearts' content. Fat is taken as a sign of sexual desirability. Brides-to-be are placed in "fattening huts" for a few weeks before their wedding, where all they do is eat and gain weight, and the fattest woman always wins the local beauty contest. :)"

In Niger, I'd be a goddess!



Comments

Amanda said…
That's it I am moving!!!!
Anonymous said…
Hey, I made the blog! I'm honoured! ~M~

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability