Rekindling an affair...

I began my love affair with Mr. Photoshop Elements a number of years ago. Actually, it was a voyeuristic affair; I liked to watch what he did to other people's pictures but I was never able to have him do anything to mine.

I bought a book that was supposed to help me subdue and conquer Mr. Elements but the book didn't bring us closer together...

In fact, it tore us apart.

The book was bulky, pushy and overwhelming. It caused me to fear Mr. Elements, and of course, Mr. Elements with it's lack of friendliness, did nothing to assuage the intimidating nature of Mr. Book.

So, in my despair, I turned away from Mr.PSE to a certain degree. I only allowed him into my life to surround my photos with borders or titles...but I feared the commitment of hue/saturation, flattening layers, unsharping masks, dodging and burning.

Our relationship, the love affair between Mr. PSE and me, was, for all intents and purposes just a shell of what could have been. We weren't using each other to our full potential.

I gave up.

And then one day, I discovered a woman (never thought I'd swing that way, y'know)...a woman by the name of Pioneer. And with her, I discovered tutorials. PW took me to heights I couldn't imagine...and she brought Mr. PSE along with her. Yep, we all entered into an affair together...a threesome. Man, I never thought I'd swing THAT way either but you know, I'm learning in this life to never say never.

So tonight, PW, Mr. PSE and I fooled around and this is what we came up with.

Before:





After:




Cool eh?!

Ahh...I can see that this affair might last quite a long time.   Hope Mr. Hubby doesn't mind...

Comments

Amanda said…
That is so cool! Love it, what an affair to remember!
I love Elements! You can do much it to your photos! Once you get into the swing of things...er...everything will flow smoothly.
PS: Also try Rita's PSE actions from coffeeshop. Don't worry, you wont have to drink any.
Lisa said…
Texan! Thank you so much for the tip...that's amazing. I didn't even know stuff like that existed! Oh my gosh, I'm verklempt!!
Ok, so I have been checking your blog every day for weeks, then I go away for 4 days and you post about 12 times, I just spent an hour laughing through your entertaining musings. But, how come as soon as I go away you have lots of insite to offer up? What about when I am in desperate need of your cheery, zany outlook? I am SO glad you are back my friend!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability