Sin...sin...cin...cinnamon bunz....

Over the Christmas holidays, the kids and I made cinnamon buns (and, yes, I AM talking about Christmas in January. I'm a little behind)and they were so yummy and extremely low fat. (NOT!)

After the dough had risen for over 24 hours, we took it out and flattened it. The kids got a little carried away with this and began smacking that little ball of dough with all the gumption they could muster....



After awhile of smacking that dough, it smacked back and some little hands felt the pain...



We rolled that poor dough out into a rectangle and began to work our magic on it.  First we added some butter...



Can't you just FEEL your arteries hardening?  Of course, no cinnamon bun is complete without an extra heaping helping of brown sugar, so we added that next.



Mmmm...looking good.  Just about read to roll....




Sliced and diced and awaiting a warm oven.  At the top you'll see a Christmas tree formation?  Yeah, that sooo didn't work.  Those cinnamon buns spread out like a tube top on a hippopotamus.  Luckily they still tasted wonderful but they didn't look too purty.



Here they are! Hot cinnamon buns drizzled with cream cheese icing.  So good that I could have cried.  Actually, I did.  Amazing. 


Comments

bulpittzoo said…
look yummy...but need some raisens.
Anonymous said…
Mmmmm, mmmmmm, yummy! Recipe, please! ~M~
Oh, how I've missed you!!!
Julie K. said…
I have missed you too! (I was already planning on saying this, and then I noticed Karen's comment - don't you feel loved??) Thanks for posting....I really do miss your posts, and I check often - what a nice surprise to see something there today! And the Christmas Tree formation of cinnamon buns looks great - too bad I didn't have the pleasure of tasting them. Yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability