My To Do list...

1. Finalize lay out for business cards
       ~card looks amazing (despite the fact that my face is on it).  They should be ready in two weeks!  You're all getting one whether you want it or not.  I expect to see it displayed in a prominent place in your home such as the kitchen fridge, framed in the front entrance way, or lovingly placed on your pillow so you see it right before you go to bed.  Am I asking too much? 

This is the picture that will be on my card.  Much thanks to the extremely talented, adorable, magical and miracle worker, Natalie, who is a photographer extraordinaire.   If you need a referral, I'd be happy to hook you up with her!  She's amazing with kids and families...and cheeky mouthed realtors.
2. Is license in yet?
     ~Yes, by gumption, it is! I am a licensed realtor now!  It's been over a decade since I've been in the workforce--let me put this into perspective for you: the last time I was employed Alanis Morrisettes' Jagged Little Pill was THE album to have, Michael Jackson still had a nose, and car phones were the 'new' thing in communication-- and I've never actually had a CAREER (with a capital 'C') but I've had plenty of jobs.  This is going to be different.  The sky is the limit!

3. Get first client
   ~Major serendipity...

4. Attend 6 hour computer training course
     ~Interesting.  Got headache.

5. Attend training for Temple Open House
                I'm going to be a tour guide and an usher which means that I'm going to have to leave my sarcasm and trucker/potty mouth at the door.  (actually, I think the potty mouth disappeared because I'm not even saying "flip!" when I get angry anymore.  That's huge!  The weird sense of humor?  Probs not going anywhere.)  To all my friends (and that means every one of you), I would love to take you on a tour of the temple.  It is a beautiful building and very important to me.  If you would like to have the opportunity to see the inside please come to the open house between April 9-24, or email me and I will arrange a time to meet with you.  It's a once in a lifetime chance--after it is dedicated in God's name it will no longer be open for public viewing.

6. Applaud, cheer, apply makeup and tie bows in hair for Mo and Kiki's first dance competition of the year.
     ~Can't wait!  I haven't seen even one iota of Kiki's dance routines this year.  Usually I know them by heart by this time of the year but at our new studio there is no monthly viewing day, thus I am eager to see her dance!  I've seen Mo's routines at the Company Dance Show held in February and they were KICK BUTT!  I was sooo impressed.   I LOVE watching dance; the athleticism, the musical interpretation and the emotion absolutely thrills me.  Many times I am moved to tears.

7. Wake up Monday morning and start the whole process over again.

8. Pinch myself--is this all a dream?

Comments

Carmen said…
I am so thrilled for you! I find it so sweet your great enthusiasm for your career. I have none for mine. Funny - I have worked basically full time, off and on, for the last 15 years. I find nothing joyous about it. Law sucks the life out of me. Every living drop... And yet I can't bring myself to leave. Too much time in education and too much $$$ spent to get me where I am... Hmmm. I need the lottery. Ya. Then I can get my design degree and open up a shoppe and REALLY do what I want. Ya.
Amanda said…
Amazing...simply amazing! You are such a wonderful example to me!!
Good luck and if I know of any one looking for a realtor in your area I will give them your name for sure! I look forward to seeing oyu at the temple!

xoxoxox
Lisa said…
Thanks girls! You are both role models for me too! Lotsa love!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Scents and Scents-ability

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!