Walk With Me...Again


It's been awhile since I've done an installment of the whereabouts of my feet (a post I lovingly call, "Walk With Me).

My feet have been around (pronounce that word with a hint of seduction and raise one eyebrow when you say it).

They've been to the Olympics (4 times!!)  where they saw Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir take home the first GOLD ever for Canada in pairs ice dancing.  They rocked out in the corporate box to Hedley (who happen to be one of their favorite bands!) and to Great Big Sea where they made their way all the way from the nosebleed seats to front and centre on the floor (much thanks to Mo and her big hat!).  My feet have been ice skating on Robson Square--the hub of the downtown Olympic experience---and they cried the ugly cry while watching their daughter's feet dance at the opening ceremonies of the Paralympics (to a packed crowd of 60,000 people!  Yikes!!). 



My feet lead a pretty charmed life.

Here are my tootsies at the Pacific Coliseum watching Scott and Tessa ice dance their way into history.  They are in the picture somewhere.  Maybe my feet are in the way.
Just a second...
Oh, look, here they are!




Here are Mo's, Miss Kay and my shoe rockin' out--at the front of the stage!--to Great Big Sea.  Ooooh,  my tootsies were so tender by the end of this night.  The big fat lady who owns them stood on them for HOURS and made them walk all over town!  She'll probably be brought up on charges of cruelty soon.


The old pedis haven't been in skates for many, many years, but since Zee wanted to fall skate in Robson Square who was I to deny him? 






And finally, here are my running shoe clad dogs heading out for the first time in over 3 months for a run.  Don't they look happy to be out and about again?   As it turns out, they are fine but their friends the Quads and Hamstrings are not.  They'll probably sue the big fat lady soon too.

Man!  The things I do for my feet!   I put them in shoes that are comfy, shoes that are 'hot!' (rawr), shoes that are airy, and when they're cold I even snuggle them up into beautiful and fuzzy slippers.  I take good care of them so you think they'd give me just one iota of respect!! But they don't.  They're always sore, smelly, achy, itchy, hot...UGH!

I think I'm gonna have to start hanging out more with my brain.

I haven't seen much of her for awhile.

I know she's around here somewhere....

Comments

Amanda said…
Oh those feet of yours have been around the block a time or two! Super fun!
Thank you for the suggestion on submitting my post to Mormon Mommy blogs...I actually submit two and they are both going to be posted! One on April 2 and the other in May!
Chandana said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said…
Amanda! That's amazing! Way to go! I know the one about Kelly is going to be posted, but what is the other one? Make sure you let me know when they're up!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Scents and Scents-ability

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!